Annual Dinner 2016: 29th January 2016, Glass Pavilion, DBS.
Guest of honor: Professor Joseph Sung, President and Vice-Chancellor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
3 July 2015 Dinner with Diocesan Old Girls’ Association
Thedinnerwas attended by 225 DBS/DGS old boys and girls in the healthcare profession / undergraduates. The guests of honor were Professor Sophia Chan, Mr. Ronnie Cheng and Mrs. Stella Lau. Photo album Part 1 Part 2
23 Jan 2015 Annual Dinner 2015
The annual dinnerwas attended by 130 old boys in the medical healthcare profession / undergraduates. The guests of honor was Professor Peter Mathieson, VC & President, The University of Hong Kong & Dr. Christina Mathieson (Photo album)
1 Nov 2014 DSOBS Global Career Forum
20 old boys in the healthcare profession and undergraduates attended the Global Career Forum organized by DSOBA. The focus group on medical and healthcare was popular with the boys and parents (Photo album)
17 Jan 2014 Annual Dinner 2014
The annual dinnerwas attended by 130 old boys in the medical healthcare profession / undergraduates. The guests of honor were Professor Gabriel Leung, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, The Hong Kong University and Professor Francis Chan, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. (Photo album)
15 Nov 2013 DSOBS Joint Chapter Dinner
A joint chapters’ dinner was held, attended by the old boys from Medical & Healthcare, Legal, Build, Design & Environment and IT & Media Chapter (Photo album)
2 Nov 2013 DSOBS University Day
15 old boys in the healthcare profession and undergraduates attended the Career day organized by DSOBA. The focus group on medical and healthcare was popular with the boys and parents (Photo album)
Inauguration of the DSOBA Medical & Healthcare Chapter
The inauguration meeting and dinner of the DSOBA Medical & Healthcare Chapter was held on 11 January 2013 at the Glass Pavilion. The meeting was attended by 116 old boys who are in the medical profession. They are from the class of 1952 to 2012. (see full report: DSOBA MC_130111_Report.pdf)
A Preparatory Committee to set up a Medical Chapter
A preparatory committee consisted of 10 old boys who are in the medical profession was set up in late 2011 to coordinate the setting up of a Medical Chapter within DSOBA. An informal dinner gathering was held on 9 March 2012 at the DBS Glass Pavilion. The meeting was attended by 82 old boys from the class of 1952 to 2004 who are in the medical profession. At the meeting, it was agreed to formally set up a Medical Chapter. (Photo album)
Coordinating Committee 2013-2015:
CUHK: LUI Siu Fai (1970) - Convenor
HKU: Kenny KWAN (1994)
HA HKWC: TSOI Chun Hing (1985)
HA HKEC: Peter CHEE (1985)
HA KCC: Raymond WONG (1998)
HA KWC: Samuel FUNG (1980)
HA NTEW: Raymond LO (1981)
HA NTWC: Matthew TONG (1985)
Private: Au Wing Yan (1985)
. Joseph Chan (1982)
. YU Richard (1952)
- The Coordinating Committee is consisting of 12 members: 1 member from CUHK, 1 member from HKU, 7 members from the Hospital Authority (with 1 member from each of the 7 clusters) and 3 members from the private sector.
- The members of the First Coordinating Committee of the DSOBA M&H Chapter were members of the initial Preparatory Committee. Subsequently, the committee members shall be elected at the annual meeting of the Chapter.
- The duration of a term of office is 2 years. One-third of the member shall retire after a term of office. A retiring Officer shall be eligible for re-election (in-line with the policy set by DSOBA).
- The Convenor of the Coordinating Committee shall be elected by the members of the Coordinating Committee.
Criteria for membership
(1) Being a member of DSOBA and
(2) In the medical and healthcare profession, including academic.
The purposes of the Medical & Healthcare Chapter
1. To identify and to connect old boys in the medical and healthcare profession
2. To provide a platform for networking, professional exchanges and sharing of news
3. To assist the School (DBS Careers Office and Centre for Further Studies) on matters related to DBS boys who wish to pursue with a career in the medical and healthcare profession.
*Currently, 450old boys from the year 1945 to 2014 who are in the medical and healthcare profession have been identified.